If you are a passionate, personable and independent professional looking for a career with high growth potential, join Assisted’s dedicated team today. Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona. Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. Financially and strategically, we are positioned to be a key player in the industry for the years to come. We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect. Assisted has earned a HomeCare Elite Status several years in a row – come and join an elite team of homecare professionals!
As a Patient Family Services Volunteer for Hospice Care you will:
- Provide emotional support, empathy, respite and other supportive services to hospice patients and their families.
- Communicates availability to Hospice Volunteer Liaison in assigned branch weekly.
- Provide diversion activities to patients as requested.
- Provide social interaction to patients as appropriate.
- Assist Hospice Administrative team with tasks as assigned.
- Completes Volunteer Services Note according to established Agency procedures.
- Attend Hospice Interdisciplinary Group meeting, as appropriate.
- Attend on-going education programs and peer support groups as requested.
- Provide emotional support to the family during bereavement as appropriate or recommend bereavement follow-up by others.
- Acknowledge patient rights including privacy and confidentiality.
- Consistently display a professional appearance and conduct in all settings.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions.
Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position. To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. For any questions please email Recruiting@Assisted1.com
or fax to 805-413-8557. Please specify the job title and the location of interest. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.