Who we are
Are you passionate about home health care? Do you want to make a difference by providing comfort, compassion, and care to patients and families? We would love to add you to the Assisted Home Health & Hospice Team!
We take pride in being an Agency operated by experienced professionals with extensive clinical, healthcare, and hospitality backgrounds. We enjoy working with those who put the patient and their loved ones first by finding ways to service individual needs. Our "Hands to Help, Hearts to Care" philosophy allows us to empower employees to provide exceptional patient care.
Assisted is an exciting place to be right now as we are experiencing tremendous growth and don't plan on slowing down anytime soon! For you this means stability and opportunity for advancement.
Come and join an Award winning team of home health and hospice professionals!
What you'll do
Serves as part of the home health team under the direction and supervisor of the Registered Nurse Clinical Supervisor or Director of Patient Care Services. The coordinator is responsible for performing intake support activities and obtaining required authorization for services.
Who you are:
- Takes and prepares non-clinical components of intake referrals
- Follows up on entry and distribution of referrals
- Assists intake team in phone coverage and coordination of day to day activities
- Tracks authorization versus utilization and secures authorization for visits
- Verifies insurance coverage for service, if needed.
- Secures prior authorization for initial services, if needed.
- Provides clinical, billing, and collections personnel with information regarding patient=s insurance coverage.
- Assists Branch Manager in preparation and mailing of bills on a monthly basis.
- Tracks authorizations vs. utilization and secures further authorization for additional visits.
- Tracks mailed MD orders, discharge summaries and POC’s for signatures and follow-up to obtain in timely manner.
- Backs up receptionist in answering incoming calls and directing to the appropriate party or their voice mail.
- Prepares nursing and therapy admission packets.
Assisted Offers Our Employees a Unique Employment Package:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Type minimum of 35 WPM, master of alphabet, basic level computer skills, experience interacting with clients /customers
- At least one year experience in Home health , hospital or medical group with basic knowledge of Insurance coverage.
Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health and hospice services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona. Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Working in the environment where you are supported by a team of skilled healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of care where the patient comes first
- Opportunity to promote innovative healthcare services and specialty programs
- We offer a very competitive pay. Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan and bonus structure based on job classification. In addition our administrative positions receive a generous vacation, PTO and sick leave package, paid holidays, and much more!
- We encourage an environment where you get to work with your friends by providing our employees with a very generous referral bonus structure
- Assisted is dedicated to fostering a fun environment for our employees where everyone is treated like family – we have company parties, themed week events, foundation events and casual Fridays
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position. To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.